Definición de bioregion en inglés:
A region defined by characteristics of the natural environment rather than by man-made divisions.
- Bioregionalists aim to find a balance between the resident community's needs for livelihoods and the potential for natural resources in their bioregions, as defined by ecological, economic, and social criteria.
- Scholars were asked to see in terms of bioregions rather than national or tribal boundaries, complicating greatly their task.
- The Great Lakes make for a problematic bioregion because each lake has a very different ecology and history.
- Example sentences
- Two years ago, I joined Ecotrust, an innovative nonprofit in Portland, Oregon, with the task of extending the rigorous pattern-language approach to the bioregional scale and social complexity of a conservation economy.
- But some natural processes like the migration of waterfowl are not confined to one particular region; a bioregional history of the Pacific Flyway would encompass much of the western half of North America.
- We urbanites can forget that bioregional peoples - living intimately with croplands, forests, fisheries, and grasslands - still make up half the planet's population.
Definición de bioregion en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan