- The region of a habitat associated with a particular ecological community.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Of the positive environmental impacts, the most noticeable are the rich cultural biotopes, such as meadows and pastures, created by slash-and-burn cultivation.
- In general, the enormous variety of plants, animals, and biotopes, which had existed around 1800-as the product of human intervention-decreased considerably, this time because of a new forms of human intervention.
- Most hominid fossils earlier than about 2 million years ago are found in association with hippo fossils, implying that they lived in the same biotopes and that hippos later became a source of food for our distant ancestors.
1920s: from German Biotop, based on Greek topos 'place'.
Más definiciones de biotopeDefinición de biotope en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional