Definición de bioturbation en inglés:
The disturbance of sedimentary deposits by living organisms.
- In the broadest sense, any kind of sediment disturbance is bioturbation.
- In the present article, we use high-resolution chemical and radiochemical data as the basis for a numerical simulation of sediment accumulation, bioturbation, and episodic deposition or erosion in a dynamic estuary.
- Rates of sediment accumulation, differential bioturbation and preservational processes may also have influenced the final diversity of fossils in the rocks.
- Example sentences
- However, its stratigraphic position is constrained by the first appearance of bioturbated mud facies typical of the distal ice-shelf setting in the other cores, as well as by the shear strength data.
- Sandbodies are abruptly overlain by bioturbated sandy muds with flint pebble horizons that represent transgressive reworking of the delta top and deepening into open shelf conditions.
- The transition is characterized by the occurrence of nodular, bioturbated limestones that indicate a decrease in accumulation rate.
Definición de bioturbation en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan