- An ancient warship with two files of oarsmen on each side.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is a great deal of useful material here, such as how the Romans seem to have conducted an ‘amphibious assault’ and the frequency that each type of warship (quinqueremes, biremes, liburinians, etc.) was found in the Roman fleets.
- A fast and fearsome battleship, the bireme was manned by 44 oarsmen working two banks of oars.
- For that purpose, Caesar had his men build an entire fleet of biremes from scratch in less than two months.
late 16th century: from Latin biremis, from bi- 'having two' + remus 'oar'.
Más definiciones de biremeDefinición de bireme en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional