- 1A brownish-yellowish pigment made from the soot of burned wood.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is a drawing in bister and reed pen on paper with no watermark.
- De los Reyes has created new bister on paper works, stainless steel sculptures and exquisite monochromatic paintings in this exciting follow-up to his critically acclaimed 2005 exhibition.
- The color of bistre varies with the wood from which the soot was derived, but in general it has a warm, transparent brown tone.
- 1.1The color of the pigment bister.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Conté sticks and pencils are available in a wide range of colours including the traditional black, white, sepia, bistre and sanguine.
- The colors on French colonial stamps are often brilliant and in unusual combinations: fuchsia and turquoise, blue and orange, purple and bistre.
- By little and little, the surface of the plate takes a yellow tint, which darkens more and more, approaching to bistre.
early 18th century: from French bistre, of unknown origin.
Más definiciones de bisterDefinición de bister en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional