- A very small fly that typically occurs in large swarms. The female has piercing mouthparts and feeds on the blood of a variety of animals including humans.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Ceratopogonidae: numerous genera and species, including the punkie (Culicoides and related genera)
- Similarly, the Mosquito Magnet mimics a human by emitting a plume of carbon dioxide, heat and moisture, and an attractant, octenol, which targets mosquitoes, biting midges, black flies and sandflies.
- Other blood feeding insects or mites that may occasionally be pests of poultry include: chigger mites, biting midges, and black flies (turkey gnats).
- Haemoproteus is transmitted by sandflies, or biting midges, of the genus Culicoides, and by louse-flies, both of which occur in the Lesser Antilles.
Más definiciones de biting midgeDefinición de biting midge en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional