Definición de bitonal en inglés:
(Of music) having parts in two different keys sounding together.
- Its bitonal ostinato and airy, whimsical melodies floating above create a convincing aural equivalent of a mirage.
- A free-flowing fantasia, it uses bitonal harmonic clashes in its depiction of man's yearning to transcend nature and create the amoral figure of the Superman, the being of the future who is ‘beyond good and evil’.
- The bitonal opening of the quartet is arresting, with first violin playing the opening theme in C# over a drone chord of C major in the three accompanying instruments.
- Example sentences
- His Keatsian Choral Symphony took many years to become established, and the austere bitonality of the Fugal Concerto and the Double Concerto for two violins puzzled even his admirers.
- The chromaticised appoggiaturas in the melismata iron out the bitonality of the creaky accompaniment into Phrygian E minor, as the final stanza returns from recollection to the table here and now.
- The chordal bitonality is constantly there - one thinks of Bartók and Mikrokosmos - and the dramatic interest (something Martinu is actually strong on) is maintained.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia