- 1(Of food, drink, or flavor) sweet with a bitter aftertaste.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This slightly bitter-sweet drink is good for moisturizing your throat to relieve tickles and coughing, it also alleviates constipation.
- We purchased some things there (including some of those bitter-sweet cola worms that sell all over the place in NZ) and headed back towards Brooklyn on the subway.
- The berries add flavour to many foods and drinks besides gin - their bitter-sweet taste goes particularly well with stronger meats and game.
- 1.1Arousing pleasure tinged with sadness or pain: the room, with all its bittersweet memoriesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The businessman said: ‘This is a bitter-sweet victory for us as I gain no pleasure from what I see as a complete waste of council-tax payers' money.’
- Despite the bitter-sweet memories, the win remains the greatest moment in the central European country's sporting history and is still, 50 years on, a source of intense pride for Hungarians of all ages.
- They even visit Canterbury on their way, but the tales they tell (mostly to us, not each other) are the bitter-sweet flashbacks of memory, not episodes of instructive fiction.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1 another term for woody nightshade (see nightshade).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The name bittersweet seems to come more from the taste of the bark/twigs (bitter then a bit acrid then sweetish).
- The Delaware, Iroquois, Micmac, and Nootka Indians used bittersweet as a poultice to treat arthritis, skin ailments, digestive complaints, and tumors.
- The purple berries of the pokeweed and the red berries of the European bittersweet, or nightshade, are common offenders.
- 2 (also climbing bittersweet) A vinelike climbing plant that bears clusters of bright orange pods.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Celastrus, family Celastraceae: several species, in particular C. scandens
- His poems on crocus, bittersweet, sycamore, sassafras and the like are celebrations of the natural world.
- Climbing bittersweet is a twisting, woody vine that climbs rope-like on trees.
- American bittersweet is valued for its glossy green summer foliage followed by orange and red fruits and seeds, and several landscape cultivars are commercially marketed.
Más definiciones de bittersweetDefinición de bittersweet en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional