Definición de black swan en inglés:
1A mainly black swan with white flight feathers, which is common in Australia and Tasmania and has been introduced widely elsewhere.
- Cygnus atratus, family Anatidae
- There were black swans and white swans in the park, and a huge dolls' house where rabbits lived.
- The Delhi zoo had about 4-5 pairs of black swans, but now their numbers has come down to one male and two females.
- There was also a mass of black swans, making little cooing sounds that reminded me of learning to play the recorder in primary school.
2An unpredictable or unforeseen event, typically one with extreme consequences: [as modifier]: geopolitical black swan events, such as the Arab Spring and the Japanese earthquake, have further complicated the market dynamics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Traders stop blaming losses on so-called Black Swans and instead accept that their own models are wrong.
- Options provide the right to buy a stock at a prearranged price in the future, presumably helping to protect buyers from black swans.
- At the same time, even if we were to accept that black swans really are the drivers of history, would that necessarily mean that they are unpredictable?
Definición de black swan en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan