1A mainly black swan with white flight feathers, which is common in Australia and Tasmania and has been introduced widely elsewhere.
- Cygnus atratus, family Anatidae.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There were black swans and white swans in the park, and a huge dolls' house where rabbits lived.
- The Delhi zoo had about 4-5 pairs of black swans, but now their numbers has come down to one male and two females.
- There was also a mass of black swans, making little cooing sounds that reminded me of learning to play the recorder in primary school.
2An unpredictable or unforeseen event, typically one with extreme consequences: [as modifier]: geopolitical black swan events, such as the Arab Spring and the Japanese earthquake, have further complicated the market dynamics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A black swan event tends to answer a question never asked.
- The black swan concept focuses on an individual event instead of the cumulative probability of the numerous events that will lead to the same outcome.
- Stimulus after stimulus leaves us with no savings, overleveraged and unable to cope with the next "black swan" that comes along.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: black swan
Definición de black swan en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda