1A bank check with the amount left for the payee to fill in.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He testified that he signed blank cheques, the details of which would be filled in later.
- She had a signed blank cheque of mine and I told her the exact amount to fill in.
- We should pay our fair share, but not give a blank cheque for others to fill in and sign.
1.1 [in singular] An unlimited freedom of action: he was effectively granted a blank check to conduct a war without congressional authorization
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Giving federal law enforcement agencies access to the almost unlimited collection apparatus of our intelligence organizations is granting a blank check to the federal government.
- In 1964, President Lyndon Johnson strong-armed Congress into giving him a blank check for conducting the Vietnam War.
- The Supreme Court, however, did not grant employees a blank check.
Definición de blank check en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda