Definición de blockade en inglés:
1An act or means of sealing off a place to prevent goods or people from entering or leaving: there was a blockade of humanitarian aid the police pulled down blockades on the highway
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The British then imposed a blockade which restricted trade with France and the USA and prevented the movement of French warships at Martinique, and of French gold shipped there.
- Throughout 1940 and 1941 the USA tightened an economic blockade of Japan which threatened to cut off most Japanese oil supplies.
- In response, the Soviet Union imposed an economic blockade.
1.1An obstruction of a physiological or mental function, especially of a biochemical receptor.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The blockade of these receptors can therefore facilitate dopaminergic transmission by stimulating dopamine release and by potentiating the effects of dopamine receptor stimulation.
- The mechanism for this benefit is most likely a blockade of aldosterone receptors.
- One would expect the effect of blockade on airways function to be rapid and indeed the risk ceases to be significant after the first year of exposure.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Seal off (a place) to prevent goods or people from entering or leaving.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Over the weekend peace activists blockaded the road and entered the plant, which is near Reading.
- Ricardo himself fled before the place was completely blockaded.
- The Federal ships blockading the port closed as near as they dared and managed to shoot a cannon ball through the Denbigh's wheelhouse.
barricade, block off, shut off, seal;
- 1run a blockade
- (Of a ship) manage to enter or leave a blockaded port.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Fourthly, more and more foreigners used Beijing as their springboard to run a blockade to the third country.
- At first, Russia wanted the entire city - they even ran a blockade to claim it, but the division was finally allowed.
- Since his health had not completely returned and his education had not been completed he ran a blockade and went to Europe.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘We can forcibly remove the blockades if we are sure that there is enough evidence that the blockaders are illegal,’ he told the Post.
- Road blockades, and the use of police and military force against the blockaders, could resume if a permanent agreement is not reached.
- As you can hear from this home video, the police arrived and tried to reason with the blockaders.
Palabras que riman con blockadeabrade, afraid, aid, aide, ambuscade, arcade, balustrade, barricade, Belgrade, blade, braid, brigade, brocade, cannonade, carronade, cascade, cavalcade, cockade, colonnade, crusade, dissuade, downgrade, enfilade, esplanade, evade, fade, fusillade, glade, grade, grenade, grillade, handmade, harlequinade, homemade, invade, jade, lade, laid, lemonade, limeade, made, maid, man-made, marinade, masquerade, newlaid, orangeade, paid, palisade, parade, pasquinade, persuade, pervade, raid, serenade, shade, Sinéad, staid, stockade, stock-in-trade, suede, tailor-made, they'd, tirade, trade, Ubaid, underpaid, undismayed, unplayed, unsprayed, unswayed, upbraid, upgrade, wade
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda