sustantivo (plural blowflies)
A large and typically metallic-colored fly that lays its eggs on meat and carcasses.
- Family Calliphoridae: numerous species, including the bluebottle
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What was decomposing the carcasses, given the total absence of fossils of the larger flies, such as flesh flies and blowflies (whose larvae, which we call maggots, feed on carrion)?
- Fly parasites are useful for the control of house flies, stable flies, blowflies, and many other fly species.
- In fact, they are regarded as beneficial because they are predators of many insects that do hold pest status, such as house flies and blowflies.
Definición de blowfly en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional