1The temperature at which a liquid boils and turns to vapor.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Cato Maximilian Guldberg had already predicted, on theoretical grounds, that the freezing points, boiling points, and vapour pressures of solutions should all change at the same rate with increasing concentration.
- Evaporation is the change from liquid to vapor phase at a temperature below the boiling point of the liquid.
- The flask is then heated to a temperature above the boiling point of the liquid.
1.1The point at which anger or excitement breaks out into violent expression: emotions had reached boiling point and could spill over into violence racial tension surges to boiling point
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Deliberately leading a herd to a neighbor's land was outrageous, and talking about it brought his anger to the boiling point.
- His anger was reaching the boiling point, his new-found control quickly vanishing.
- I was about to see Acorn Antiques the musical and had gone with my friend Mouse who is the only person I know whose excitement levels can reach boiling point.
Definición de boiling point en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda