- A nuclear reactor in which the fuel is uranium oxide clad in zircaloy and the coolant and moderator is water, which is boiled to produce steam for driving turbines.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Activists said that the reactor, an advanced boiling-water reactor, was used by a nuclear power plant in Japan, where several nuclear accidents have occurred.
- The fraction of the reactor's fuel core replaced during refueling is typically one-fourth for a boiling-water reactor and one-third for a pressurized-water reactor.
- Two advanced boiling-water reactors are being built in Japan.
Más definiciones de boiling-water reactorDefinición de boiling-water reactor en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional