- Andreu, one of the world's leading experts in airport design, has been praised for the exceptional engineering which allows his bold ideas to come to life.
- To say it is a bold idea is not to say that it's new.
- His job has been to head a congregation whose assignment is not to generate new and bold ideas, but to preserve the integrity of the tradition of the church.
- No man's Mercedes is safe; the thieves are so bold they'll make off with your vintage automobile with a forklift.
- With a shrug, Lenore plopped down on the tiny chair of her table, crossing her legs in a bold manner.
- I believe that such feelings will not be considered bold presumption but an act of love.
- Utzon's interior design was characterised by bold colours and fantastic shapes.
- There is less intricacy of detail, and the bold lines and strong colours relate them to North Indian folk art.
- They are like cartoons, with their bold lines, bright colours and flat shapes.
- Google will display the search keywords in bold in your ad if they're present.
- The questions will then pertain to that picture and the answers will be listed in bold under the questions.
- After I scribble ‘The Dimensional Traveler’ in bold on a blank page, I pick up another blank page.
be (or make) so bold (as to do something)
- formal Dare to do something (often used when politely asking a question or making a suggestion): what would he be calling for, if I might make so bold as to ask?Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are plenty of disgusting foods out there, but I don't think there are many companies that would dare to be so bold as to stick a name like Pork Brains In Milk Gravy right on the can.
- May I be so bold as to suggest one to add to your list.
- Might I be so bold as to suggest a synchronised charge tomorrow morning?
(as) bold as brass
- Confident to the point of impudence: she marched into the library as bold as brassMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Bold and brash - indeed bold as brass - the young property developer who sauntered into a moribund Tynecastle in 1981 was unfazed that he was not the players' choice.
- He now has colleagues who are full of confidence, bold as brass and ready to make their way in the world.
- They waltzed into the party bold as brass and started dancing with two men on the dance floor.
a bold stroke
- A daring action or initiative.Oraciones de ejemplo
- They can in one bold stroke change the economic coffee landscape with an initiative in support of the coffee farmers in the global village.
- It's a pretty bold stroke considering his history on some of these campaign fund-raising issues.
- In one bold stroke, Google will give new value to millions of orphaned works.
put a bold face on something
- see face.
brave from Late Middle English:
In Old English people with all the attributes of bravery were ‘bold’. In the Middle Ages they could also be ‘courageous’, but it was not until the late 15th century that they became brave. The word came through French from Italian or Spanish bravo and goes back to Latin barbarus, the source of barbarian. Scots braw (late 16th century) ‘fine’, bravado (mid 16th century), bravo (mid 18th century), and bravura (mid 18th century) all go back to the same source. The phrase brave new world refers to a new or hopeful period of history brought about by major changes in society—usually implying that the changes are in fact undesirable. It is taken from the title of a satirical novel by Aldous Huxley (1894–1963), published in 1932. Huxley himself borrowed the phrase from a line in Shakespeare's The Tempest. Miranda has grown up isolated on an island with her magician father Prospero, the monster Caliban, and some spirits. On first encountering some other humans she exclaims: ‘How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world / That has such people in it!’
Palabras que riman con boldbehold, cold, enfold, fold, foretold, gold, hold, mould (US mold), old, outsold, scold, self-controlled, sold, told, uncontrolled, undersold, unpolled, uphold, withhold, wold
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: bold
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.