Definición de bombardier beetle en inglés:
A ground beetle that when alarmed discharges a puff of hot irritant vapor from its anus with an audible pop.
- Genus Brachinus, family Carabidae: several species
- One contributor to the conference gave a talk on ‘The efficiency of the explosive discharge of the bombardier beetle, with possible biomimetic applications’.
- The Holotype of the bombardier beetle, Brachinus aabaaba, which I named and described in 1970, is housed in the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard.
- The tiny bombardier beetle could not possibly have evolved.
Definición de bombardier beetle en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan