Definición de bombardon en inglés:
1A type of valved bass tuba.
- The bombardon is circular, passing over the performer's head, with the bell directed upwards.
- In some parts of Europe, bass ophicleides and valved tubas were indiscriminately called bombardons.
- Their design was adopted by other instrument makers who modified them slightly and began producing the bombardon in different sizes and shapes.
1.1An organ stop imitating this.
- All lacking chromatic notes were added to basses and trombones to fit the fully chromatic 110-key scale, the bass pipes were doubled and 16’ bombardons were added to the brass 8’ trombones.
- What on earth would it have been like if they had installed the 32' Bombardon that was prepared for it (presumably a downward extension of the 16' reed).
Definición de bombardon en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan