- 1A type of valved bass tuba.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The bombardon is circular, passing over the performer's head, with the bell directed upwards.
- In some parts of Europe, bass ophicleides and valved tubas were indiscriminately called bombardons.
- Their design was adopted by other instrument makers who modified them slightly and began producing the bombardon in different sizes and shapes.
- 1.1An organ stop imitating this.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All lacking chromatic notes were added to basses and trombones to fit the fully chromatic 110-key scale, the bass pipes were doubled and 16’ bombardons were added to the brass 8’ trombones.
- What on earth would it have been like if they had installed the 32' Bombardon that was prepared for it (presumably a downward extension of the 16' reed).
mid 19th century: from Italian bombardone, from bombardo 'cannon'. Compare with bombarde.
Más definiciones de bombardonDefinición de bombardon en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional