A person who takes bets (especially on horse races), calculates odds, and pays out winnings.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- UK bookmakers, casinos and betting shops make billions of pounds every year.
- The most popular bet is on first goal scorer but it's a typical bookmaker taking bets on horse racing and other sorts of shenanigans too.
- And the major bookmakers have cut the horse's price after sustained backing from punters in recent days.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are around 8,200 betting shops in UK so bookmaking is a substantial business, important to the British economy.
- Forbes would list some if their core business were not gambling and bookmaking.
- The company said it wants to move spread betting away from bookmaking and geared toward private investors and small institutions.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: book·mak·er
Definición de bookmaker en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda