Definición de borer en inglés:
1A worm, mollusk, insect, or insect larva that bores into wood, other plant material, or rock.
- Thus, the hypothesized paleoclimate of the two fossil localities fits well within the range in which both insect and mite wood borers are found today.
- Two rice strains were genetically altered to resist two insects, rice stem borers and leaf rollers, which sometimes require heavy use of pesticides to control.
- Stalk borer larvae injure corn plants in June and early July.
2A tool for boring.
- They consist of a large number of carefully made large blades and flakes and an unusually high proportion of finished tools including backed knives, scrapers and borers.
- The tools were a saw, a pipe borer or tube drills for wine reduction, and a carpenter's drill or brace with a tightening screw.
- A common method was to bore a hole in the barrel using any of a variety of bung borers, boring taps, augers, tapered reamers, and the like.
Definición de borer en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary