Not interesting; tedious: I’ve got a boring job in an office
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The dull grey of the rain was making the normally interesting boring and unexciting.
- But studies have shown that children are made to do boring, repetitive and tedious jobs and are not taught new skills as they grow older.
- He becomes obnoxious, repetitive, boring, tedious.
tedious, dull, monotonous, repetitive, unrelieved, unvaried, unimaginative, uneventful;
characterless, featureless, colorless, lifeless, insipid, uninteresting, unexciting, uninspiring, unstimulating, uninvolving;
jejune, flat, bland, dry, stale, tired, banal, lackluster, stodgy, vapid, monochrome, dreary, humdrum, mundane;
mind-numbing, wearisome, tiring, tiresome, irksome, trying, frustrating
informal deadly, ho-hum, dullsville, dull as dishwater, plain-vanilla
- [as submodifier]: the list is excoriated as boringly predictableMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He argues that ‘one doesn't want to be boringly predictable, but one should be consistent’; there ought to be about four parts predictability to one part innovation, he says.
- As electioneering begins, pollsters are busy questioning voters about their priorities with boringly predictable lists: the economy, health, education and crime.
- Perhaps because our everyday choices are so limited and our creative impulses so stifled, we embrace the abnormal because everything else is so boringly predictable.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's a game of surpassing, even brilliant, boringness and I dare say I'm one of only a few thousand native-born American citizens who can follow its soporific plotlines.
- I think if anyone tried to make a comic about the first two years of med school, the comic strip would spontaneously combust due to the mind-numbing boringness of the subject matter.
- But its ordinariness and even boringness only make me like it more; ordinary places where extraordinary events have occurred are my favorite kind.
Palabras que riman con boringflooring, Goring, riproaring, roaring, scoring, shoring
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: bor·ing
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda