- 1The part of the alimentary canal below the stomach; the intestine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The large intestine or large bowel consists of the colon and the section before the anus, the rectum.
- This misplaced tissue may be found on the ovaries, uterus, bowel, pelvis and abdomen.
- Cancer of the small bowel, the longer, thinner part of the intestines is much rarer.
- 1.1 (the bowels of ——) The parts deep inside something large: the train picks up speed for its final plunge into the subterranean bowels of ManhattanMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But what if someone stood up and admitted whatever he held deep within the bowels of his soul.
- Deep in bowels of the mansion was the epicentre of communication technology and field command.
- He would have to take it deep into the bowels of the earth, for the glorious Garland Battle was about to begin.
Middle English: from Old French bouel, from Latin botellus, diminutive of botulus 'sausage'.