Definición de brain en inglés:
- This occurs as a result of damage to soft brain tissue when the brain rattles against the skull.
- It is a precious tissue like the nervous tissue of the brain, spinal cord and heart muscle, as it cannot heal like the other tissues.
- Stem cells are harvested from bone marrow, umbilical cords, the brain and spinal cord and other tissues.
- The Bochka serves pigs roasted on a spit, veal brains with mushrooms in a pot, and grilled salmon.
- It traditionally contains sweetbreads, brains, porcini mushrooms and chicken livers.
- Lightly flour the calves' brains and sauté until light brown.
- That shutter speed that the electronic brain says is incorrect, might just give you a wonderful emotive blurry shot that is an award winner!
- For once, Harry Flashman is happy to let the electronic brain do its thing (but without the flash).
- If a light shines on it, the brain sends out an electronic pulse.
The human brain consists of three main parts. (i) The forebrain, greatly developed into the cerebrum, consists of two hemispheres joined by a bridge of nerve fibers, and is responsible for thought and control of speech. (ii) The midbrain, the upper part of the tapering brainstem, contains cells involved in eye movements. (iii) The hindbrain, the lower part of the brainstem, contains cells responsible for breathing and for regulating heart action, the flow of digestive juices, and other unconscious actions and processes. The cerebellum, which lies behind the brain stem, plays an important role in the execution of highly skilled movements
- I think we are also given enough-it goes with the whole thing of what God has given us as far as our brains and our mental capacity goes.
- Thankfully, the mother had brains enough to send her away again.
- It is an interesting game that won't exactly tax the brain but feeds the public even more of the voyeuristic TV is so obviously craves!
- Could this be the big mo for Ben, Mena and Anil, the brains and the energy behind Typepad and Movable Type?
- It's time to ask Tommy Champion, the brains and energy behind this event some questions.
- Ansett liberated them from the old firm and set them up in KordaMentha (putting the brains of the outfit up front there).
- I buy expensive creams to put on my skin, even though my science brain knows they don't achieve much.
- Every once in a while, my brain would clear enough to do some mindless chore, like fill the water pots or fold the blankets, but otherwise, I felt numb.
- But soon enough your brain starts to run out of gas - opinions, ideas, plans start to float away.
- With the group of brains working at your clever paper, I just can't believe it.
- Everyone knows who my brother is because he's a real brain.
- Sure, when I was younger, there was always a certain amount of contempt for the "brains" in the class.
verbo[with object] informal Volver al principio
- And in the morning when I looked at him, I asked what he was in for, it seemed that he'd brained his superior officer with a rifle butt.
- In these streets he met Anitus, the king of the country, and brained him with his club, which was the fashion among gentlemen in those days.
- Girls that like braining other girls with lacrosse sticks?
- 1beat (or blow) someone's brains out
- informal Injure or kill someone with a hard hit on (or gunshot to) the head.Oraciones de ejemplo
- While there was clear bitterness on his part toward the successor who had rushed ‘to undo everything I'd done,’ and the Republicans who ‘will run over you unless you beat their brains out,’ there was a feisty humor too.
- And so, he continued, ‘We need to go into the heart of their world and beat their brains out, in order to burst this bubble.’
- If I catch anyone saying ‘Ah, God love him’ about me I shall tie them to the Blarney Stone and beat their brains out with a shillelagh.
- 2have something on the brain
- informal Be obsessed with something: John has cars on the brainMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I have taken to shuffling about on the carpet with my rubber-soled shoes, distributing electric shocks because unlike the boys I don't have balls on the brain and rolling mouse balls along the carpet at a pin just doesn't interest me.
- I have a patient on the brain as well.
- Or at least acknowledge that they have it on the brain as much as men do.
Old English brægen; related to Dutch brein.
Palabras que riman con brainabstain, appertain, arcane, arraign, ascertain, attain, Bahrain, bane, blain, Braine, Cain, Caine, campaign, cane, cinquain, chain, champagne, champaign, Champlain, Charmaine, chicane, chow mein, cocaine, Coleraine, Coltrane, complain, constrain, contain, crane, Dane, deign, demesne, demi-mondaine, detain, disdain, domain, domaine, drain, Duane, Dwane, Elaine, entertain, entrain, explain, fain, fane, feign, gain, Germaine, germane, grain, humane, Hussein, inane, Jain, Jane, Jermaine, Kane, La Fontaine, lain, lane, legerdemain, Lorraine, main, Maine, maintain, mane, mise en scène, Montaigne, moraine, mundane, obtain, ordain, Paine, pane, pertain, plain, plane, Port-of-Spain, profane, rain, Raine, refrain, reign, rein, retain, romaine, sane, Seine, Shane, Sinn Fein, skein, slain, Spain, Spillane, sprain, stain, strain, sustain, swain, terrain, thane, train, twain, Ujjain, Ukraine, underlain, urbane, vain, vane, vein, Verlaine, vicereine, wain, wane, Wayne
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.