Definición de breaststroke en inglés:
1A style of swimming on one’s front, in which the arms are pushed forward and then swept back in a circular movement, while the legs are tucked in toward the body and then kicked out in a corresponding movement.
- I walked away, mentally praising myself for putting in those long hours working on my breaststroke kick.
- There were individual medleys, as well as backstroke, butterfly, breaststroke and freestyle events.
- When I recovered, I headed at a fast breaststroke towards the side, but I got a side cramp.
1.1 (the breaststroke) A race, typically of a specified length or kind, in which the breaststroke style of swimming is used: she won the 200 m breaststroke
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We've had two meets so far and the women's team has won both of them and I've won the breaststroke races.
- She has the fastest time nationally in both the 100-metre and 200-metre breaststroke.
- The captain led the way, winning in the 200 m individual medley and 200 m breaststroke.
Definición de breaststroke en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan