Definición de broad reach en inglés:
A point of sailing in which the wind blows over a boat’s quarter, between the beam and the stern: on a broad reach they are magnificent craft
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Her performance off the wind is very good, and the full keel and centerboard make the boat easy to balance and comfortable to sail on beam and broad reaches.
- However, many sailboats are significantly faster sailing on a broad reach than running (sailing straight downwind), so the increased speed of a zig-zag course of alternating broad reaches can make up for the extra distance it takes over a straight downwind course.
- On reaches and broad reaches this contributes lots of downward pressure on the hull(s), and particularly the bow(s).
verbo(broad-reach) [no object] Volver al principio
Sail on a broad reach.
- The start was really spectacular, with the cruisers and three dinghies setting spinnakers as all 53 boats broad-reached toward the eastern end of Spike, a fast passage with the last of the flood.
- We broad-reached into Broadhaven in the glow of a moody golden sunset.
- The next day we broad reached with the spinnaker and by night fall we motored with no sails.
Definición de broad reach en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan