A small stream.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The flow of that water - in brooks, streams, rivulets, rivers, and lakes - frames much of what makes Kentucky so lush and alluring.
- You didn't, because after the Europeans came to this island, they wiped out countless babbling brooks, streams and rivers that flowed throughout the island down from the mountain.
- When they spawn, they head into shallow headwater brooks of the river.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We'll hunt in a circuit that follows one of the big stream's feeder brooklets up into the hills beyond Mister Kulig's farm, then follow another brook back down again.
- In your dreaming state, you are quick about everything, just as the streams are so quick when in the mountains, the rivulets, the brooklets are so quick and so rapid, so gushing, and so playful.
- In the heart of the department, Puy de Dome is this lovely place, encircled by beautiful hills, rippling brooklets with waterfalls and various mountain lakes.
Old English brōc; related to Dutch broek and German Bruch 'marsh'.
Palabras que riman con brookbetook, book, Brooke, Chinook, chook, Coke, cook, Cooke, crook, forsook, Gluck, hook, look, mistook, nook, partook, rook, schnook, schtuck, Shilluk, shook, Tobruk, took, undercook, undertook
verbo[with object with negative] formal
Tolerate or allow (something, typically dissent or opposition): Jenny would brook no criticism of Matthew
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They took a sound methodology and made it a dogma that brooked no opposition, even from reality.
- He was determined to put upon the unconverted the burden of responsibility, and brooked no opposition from metaphysicians… the message of Finney was wholly American.
- As Singapore's first prime minister, he brooked no political opposition for 31 years of tough rule, before stepping down.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda