(also brown-tail moth)
Definición de brown-tail en inglés:
A white European moth that has a brown tip on the abdomen and is a pest of tree foliage in several areas, including North America. The caterpillars live communally in web tents and bear irritant hairs that can produce an allergic reaction.
- Euproctis chrysorrhoea, family Lymantriidae
- Scientists hope the virus can kill at least 80 percent of the brown-tail moth population in the state.
- These caterpillars of the brown-tail moth are noted for their poisonous hairs, which can cause a rash on contact with skin.
- Gypsy moth caterpillars defoliate trees, bitter-sweet vines strangle native trees, and brown-tail moths pose threats both to trees and human health.
Definición de brown-tail en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan