(also brown-tail moth)
- A white European moth that has a brown tip on the abdomen and is a pest of tree foliage in several areas, including North America. The caterpillars live communally in web tents and bear irritant hairs that can produce an allergic reaction.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Euproctis chrysorrhoea, family Lymantriidae
- Scientists hope the virus can kill at least 80 percent of the brown-tail moth population in the state.
- These caterpillars of the brown-tail moth are noted for their poisonous hairs, which can cause a rash on contact with skin.
- Gypsy moth caterpillars defoliate trees, bitter-sweet vines strangle native trees, and brown-tail moths pose threats both to trees and human health.
Más definiciones de brown-tailDefinición de brown-tail en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional