- A form of carbon having molecules of 60 atoms arranged in a polyhedron resembling a geodesic sphere. See also fullerene.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Nobel prize was awarded in 1996 to their discoverers, who had formally named the molecule buckminsterfullerene for its resemblance to the geodesic domes of architect R. Buckminster Fuller.
- The first fullerene, a sixty-atom cage called buckminsterfullerene, was discovered in 1985.
- When 12 of buckminsterfullerene's 60 carbons are replaced by nitrogens, it can link up with other ‘buckyballs ‘to form a strong and springy material.’
1980s: named after Richard Buckminster Fuller (see Fuller, R. Buckminster).
Más definiciones de buckminsterfullereneDefinición de buckminsterfullerene en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional