Definición de bulimia en inglés:
1Insatiable overeating as a medical condition, in particular.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- You know, we had the bulimia problem in the early days.
- Finally, the bulimia sapped her energy both physically and psychologically, leading to an inconsistent academic performance.
- All of these incidents become opportunities to discover and develop more self understanding, personal strength and new ways to care for herself that serve her better than the bulimia which she is outgrowing.
1.1 (also bulimia nervosa /nərˈvōsə/) An emotional disorder involving distortion of body image and an obsessive desire to lose weight, in which bouts of extreme overeating are followed by depression and self-induced vomiting, purging, or fasting. Also called binge-purge syndrome.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- These disorders include anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder.
- The American Psychiatric Association characterizes anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa as biopsychosocial disorders that result in distortions in self-image and self-perception.
- Currently, 30 percent of Americans are obese, compared with the 4 percent who meet criteria for anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, or binge-eating disorder.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some of the youngest sufferers are the children of anorexics and bulimics, many of whom raise their families with bizarre attitudes towards food.
- In support of this hypothesis, Friedman and Whisman found that sociotropy was significantly related to depressive and bulimic symptomatology.
- We used a criterion measure of eating pathology that separates the cognitive and behavioural aspects of anorexic and bulimic eating pathology.
Pronunciación: /-ˈlimik, ˈlē-/adjetivo& sustantivo
Palabras que riman con bulimiaYmir
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Pakistán