Definición de bullet en inglés:
1A projectile for firing from a rifle, revolver, or other small firearm, typically made of metal, cylindrical and pointed, and sometimes containing an explosive.
- She said authorities also found in the car automatic rifles, bullet cartridges, plastic explosives and other materials.
- What I didn't know at the time was that these rifles fired bullets of the alkali metal potassium at the rate of three thousand rounds per minute.
- Among the ammunition were shotgun cartridges and dum-dum bullets.
1.1Used in similes and comparisons to refer to someone or something that moves very fast: the ball sped across the grass like a bullet
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's moving like a bullet, but it slows down fast; goes from sixty to zero, to reverse the old saying.
- This report shows an economy that has not only turned around - it's moving forward like a bullet.
- Lin was right, they didn't move slowly; Penny ran as fast as a bullet across the land just as the sun was beginning to set.
1.2US (In a sporting context) a very fast ball.
- Carr, seeing Johnson streaking down the right sideline wide open, threw a low bullet.
- Against Washington, Johnson threw a bullet pass to the corner, hoping Anderson would be there.
- He hits bullets to all fields, knocks in runs and is in the race for the batting rifle.
2 Printing A small symbol, such as a solid circle, printed just before a line of type, such as an item in a list, to emphasize it.
- Here's a bullet pointed list of how my trip went, because I realize I've been less than linear here.
- A nice touch is the fact that the character cards are back printed with a sequence of bullets.
- These bullets lie within the padding or the margin of the list, depending on the browser.
dodge a bullet
- informal Manage to avoid a difficult or unwelcome situation: the US economy dodged a bullet todayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A dysfunctional Credit system once again dodges the bullet that would have forced the commencement of a long overdue and desperately needed adjustment.
- By first light there had been no reports of deaths or serious injuries, but the state's premier said it was "too early to talk about dodging a bullet".
- He dodged a bullet with his Oct. 24 mistrial, but his troubles aren't over.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia