sustantivo[in singular] North American
- A public office or position of authority that provides its occupant with an outstanding opportunity to speak out on any issue: he could use the presidency as a bully pulpit to bring out the best in civic lifeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- So he did the best he could with what he had: he used his office as a bully pulpit to speak the truth about our neglectful shepherds.
- Perhaps the most important strength is the high importance attached to the president's using his bully pulpit to articulate a democratic vision and to attach his personal prestige to the democracy-building endeavor.
- Some in the industry used the opportunity as a bully pulpit to lecture the media.
early 20th century: apparently originally used by President Theodore Roosevelt, explaining his personal view of the presidency.
Más definiciones de bully pulpitDefinición de bully pulpit en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional