Definición de bumper en inglés:
1A horizontal bar fixed across the front or back of a motor vehicle to reduce damage in a collision or as a trim.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- After a year, the Ford Aspire had minor changes done in that included new front and rear bumpers, headlamps, turn signals, tail lamps, and wheel covers.
- This airbag is deployed from just above the front bumper when a frontal collision is imminent.
- Usually such damages will weaken the bumper's ability to absorb the shock of collision.
2 archaic A generous glassful of an alcoholic drink, typically one drunk as a toast.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He who drank a bumper on his knees to the health of his mistress, was dubbed a knight for the evening.
- On my way home I stopped in at the tavern and drank a bumper of whiskey, something I had not indulged in for the last five or six years.
- There are whole pages full of Masonic toasts from which the presiding officer could select, and after every one of which a bumper was drunk by the Brethren present.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Exceptionally large, fine, or successful: a bumper crop
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In many areas, this year's bumper crop means exceptionally high removal of nutrients.
- There were thousands of acres [of wheat] sown in our vicinity this fall and prospects for a bumper crop are fine so far this winter.
- Hopefully we will have a fine weekend and bumper crowds.
- Very close together, as cars in a traffic jam.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Traffic was bumper-to-bumper after police closed part of Ribbleton Lane and Deepdale Road, near the prison, and also St Mary's Street, off Ribbleton Lane.
- Both the morning and afternoon races witnessed the closest bumper-to-bumper action that the S championship has seen so far in 2005, with similar starts but very different endings.
- Usually on any working day the traffic moves bumper-to-bumper.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Pakistán