sustantivo (plural bunchberries)
A low-growing plant of the dogwood family that produces white flowers followed by red berries and bright red autumn foliage. It is native to North America, eastern Asia, and Greenland.
- Cornus canadensis, family Cornaceae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The rapid opening of the bunchberry is thought to enhance cross-pollination in two ways.
- American dogwoods include the miner's dogwood, C. sessilis, whose fruits are sweet when fully ripe, and the less flavourful bunchberry, C. canadensis.
- According to Walker, Cornus canadensis, bunchberries, can be found in clearings and moist woodlands.
Definición de bunchberry en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional