- 1An embankment or causeway.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He stressed that plans were also in place to create bunds, or embankments, to contain the stockpiles, although covering them was impractical for operational reasons.
- Temporary bunds on nullahs, rivulets or small rivers erected by using empty cement bags, popularly known as Vanarai Bunds, have proved most effective.
- Previously, the developers had planned to deposit the peat in bunds on the hillside site - a proposal which caused concern that it would not be stable.
early 19th century: from Urdu band, from Persian.
- 1An association, especially a political one.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- "Subversive organization" means every corporation, society, association, camp, group, bund, political party, assembly, body or organization which advocates or practices the duty or necessity of conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States, of this State or of any political subdivision thereof.
- A bund is a union, group or gathering.
- Hopefully we can all catch up through another bund gathering!!
- 1.1 (Bund) A pro-Nazi German-American organization of the 1930s.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But by 1935, the Bund had made almost no impact on German-Americans.
- An association of German immigrants to America, the Bund had a definite pro-Nazi slant.
- On pages 110 and 111, Carlson highlights a Bund meeting at which those in attendance viewed newsreel footage of Nazi conquests.
- 1.2 (Bund) An Ashkenazi Jewish socialist movement founded in Russia in 1897.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Active in politics and labor activities, they sponsored bunds, theaters, newspapers, and discussions clubs.
- As the Bund's political power grew, it reached a central position in Jewish cultural life.
- My older brothers and I liked going to the Bund because of the nice people who belonged, rather than for the Bund's political activities.