Definición de busby en inglés:
sustantivo (plural busbies)
1A tall fur hat with a colored cloth flap hanging down on the right-hand side and often a plume on the top, worn by soldiers of certain regiments of hussars and artillerymen.
- There was also a soldier's ceremonial busby cap.
- He became its regimental colonel, and even as a general often wore its uniform, with its death's-head badge on the busby.
- From here you can walk to Amalienborg, the royal palace, the impressive buildings of which are patrolled by guards in busbies.
1.1 popular term for bearskin (the cap).
- A bandsman from the Coldstream Guards displays his busby.
- The towering black hat, or busby, dates back almost 200 years to the Battle of Waterloo and is a key part of the uniform of the five guards' regiments - the Coldstream, Grenadier, Irish, Scots and Welsh.
- I was slightly startled to find myself walking a few paces behind a Guardsman in full Number 1 dress uniform, busby standing proud, and polished brass spurs on his boots.
mid 18th century (denoting a large bushy wig): of unknown origin.
Definición de busby en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary