Definición de butchery en inglés:
sustantivo (plural butcheries)
1The savage killing of large numbers of people.
- I just hope this weekend's display of savage butchery and inter-communal violence wasn't staged for their benefit.
- And still all of you stick to your misconceptions of savage butchery.
- There is no escaping the fact of the Crusader's savage butchery - of Jews at home and of Muslims abroad.
1.1The work of slaughtering animals and preparing them for sale as meat.
- If women were in the encampment they would be segregated and would prepare the meal, although slaughter and butchery were men's work.
- He learned butchery, hygiene, slaughtering, cutting and boning - in fact everything related to butchering - to become a Master Butcher.
- The slaughter and butchery of 200 cattle and the consumption of 40,000 kilos of beef, even if spread over a year or two, suggest the participation of many communities, perhaps from a whole clan or tribe.
Middle English (denoting a slaughterhouse or meat market): from Old French boucherie, from bouchier 'butcher'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia