Definición de butchery en inglés:
sustantivo (plural butcheries)
1The savage killing of large numbers of people.
- I just hope this weekend's display of savage butchery and inter-communal violence wasn't staged for their benefit.
- And still all of you stick to your misconceptions of savage butchery.
- There is no escaping the fact of the Crusader's savage butchery - of Jews at home and of Muslims abroad.
1.1The work of slaughtering animals and preparing them for sale as meat.
- If women were in the encampment they would be segregated and would prepare the meal, although slaughter and butchery were men's work.
- He learned butchery, hygiene, slaughtering, cutting and boning - in fact everything related to butchering - to become a Master Butcher.
- The slaughter and butchery of 200 cattle and the consumption of 40,000 kilos of beef, even if spread over a year or two, suggest the participation of many communities, perhaps from a whole clan or tribe.
Middle English (denoting a slaughterhouse or meat market): from Old French boucherie, from bouchier 'butcher'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan