Definición de bylaw en inglés:
1A rule made by a company or society to control the actions of its members.
- The company itself controlled its members through by-laws giving exclusive rights in certain books to certain publishers.
- He welcomed the Town Council's move to introduce bye-laws to control the use of jet skis in Tramore Bay, but stressed that the laws needed to be backed up with the resources to enforce them.
- Sligo County Council's environmental services presented the bye-laws to members of both the county and borough councils, who approved them last week.
rule, regulation, ordinance
2A regulation made by a local authority; an ordinance.
- In the peculiar circumstances of this case, I find that a case has not been made to deny the directors their right to enforce the by-laws of the corporation.
- Other forms of delegated legislation include the power of ministers to legislate by Order in Council and for local authorities to make by-laws.
- Meetings and marches are subject to the laws prohibiting obstruction of the highway, public nuisance, and trespass, and to local authority by-laws.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan