- A small, dark beetle that is frequently found in food storage, where it scavenges and preys on other insects.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tenebroides mauritanicus, family Cleridae
- The cadelle may have been originally a predator under loose bark, as other species of the family are today.
- The cadelle is a beetle that is not common in stored grain.
- The cadelle is a species that normally hibernates, and it differs in this respect from a majority of the insect pests of stored grain and cereal products.
mid 19th century: from French, based on Latin catella, catellus 'young (of an animal), little dog'.
Más definiciones de cadelleDefinición de cadelle en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional