1A small group of people specially trained for a particular purpose or profession: a small cadre of scientists
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The institute will also have to train a cadre of dedicated rehabilitation professionals, who can work within the interdisciplinary team and help disabled people navigate the resource maze.
- The enormity of biological resources makes a case for raising a whole cadre of highly trained professionals for inventorisation, characterisation and documentation.
- There is an enormous challenge in training a cadre of highly qualified professionals to fuel development and address the challenges confronting the continent.
corps, body, team, group, nucleus, core
1.1A group of activists in a communist or other revolutionary organization.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He thus appears to remain sufficiently light on his feet to duck frequent fights with his wives, his business competitors, criminal gangs and communist cadres.
- They relate personal accounts of food aid being distributed to the communist cadre or to the military.
- The bosses and [Communist Party] cadres have it easy, they don't have to work overtime.
1.2A member of an activist group.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I scurried into the large hall filled with chairs at another cadre's bark.
- It therefore, entrusts key responsibilities of the organisation and its administration to poor women themselves, by selecting and training internal cadres from neighbourhood communities.
- Future cadres were trained; a precious legacy was bequeathed.
Mid 19th century: from French, from Italian quadro, from Latin quadrus 'square'.
Palabras que riman con cadreardour (US ardor), armada, Bader, carder, cicada, Dalriada, enchilada, Garda, gelada, Granada, Haggadah, Hamada, intifada, lambada, larder, Masada, Nevada, panada, piña colada, pousada, promenader, retarder, Scheherazade, Theravada, Torquemada, tostada
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ca·dre
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda