- 1A small group of people specially trained for a particular purpose or profession: a small cadre of scientistsMás ejemplos en oraciones
corps, body, team, group, nucleus, core
- The institute will also have to train a cadre of dedicated rehabilitation professionals, who can work within the interdisciplinary team and help disabled people navigate the resource maze.
- The enormity of biological resources makes a case for raising a whole cadre of highly trained professionals for inventorisation, characterisation and documentation.
- There is an enormous challenge in training a cadre of highly qualified professionals to fuel development and address the challenges confronting the continent.
- 1.1 A group of activists in a communist or other revolutionary organization.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He thus appears to remain sufficiently light on his feet to duck frequent fights with his wives, his business competitors, criminal gangs and communist cadres.
- They relate personal accounts of food aid being distributed to the communist cadre or to the military.
- The bosses and [Communist Party] cadres have it easy, they don't have to work overtime.
- 1.2A member of an activist group.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I scurried into the large hall filled with chairs at another cadre's bark.
- It therefore, entrusts key responsibilities of the organisation and its administration to poor women themselves, by selecting and training internal cadres from neighbourhood communities.
- Future cadres were trained; a precious legacy was bequeathed.
mid 19th century: from French, from Italian quadro, from Latin quadrus 'square'.