Definición de calcite en inglés:
A white or colorless mineral consisting of calcium carbonate. It is a major constituent of sedimentary rocks such as limestone, marble, and chalk, can occur in crystalline form (as in Iceland spar), and may be deposited in caves to form stalactites and stalagmites.
- Quartz is the dominant mineral in veins in siliceous rocks, calcite in limestones, and gypsum in gypsiferous sediments.
- Other than clay minerals, calcite and pyrite are the most common secondary minerals present.
- Matrix minerals of the septaria are ferroan dolomite, quartz, calcite, and pyrite.
- Example sentences
- Concretions, which were originally calcitic, are either weathered out or now contain epidote as a cement.
- Some of the most attractively preserved fossils are the yellow and brown calcitic moulds of ammonites that are characteristic of calcareous concretions.
- The remaining carbonate bioclasts are exclusively calcitic echinoid spines, rare foraminifera, molluscs and bryozoan fragments.
Words that rhyme with calcitecampsite
Definición de calcite en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan