Definición de calmative en inglés:
(Of a drug) having a sedative effect.
- It has developed a range of weapons capable of delivering calmative chemicals, including specialized bullets, landmines and a mortar round.
- During labor it is useful to overcome the great restlessness, fear and excitement experienced by nervous women, and by its calmative power rectifies jerky and ineffectual contractions.
- They commissioned a study of the possible military uses of calmative pharmaceuticals such as anesthetics and serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A calmative drug.
- This is just what is depicted in the various scenarios envisioned by military planners laying out appropriate uses for calmatives.
- For some reason - possibly because so many powerful calmatives are now available - the allegations of insanity do not seem to have prompted any talk of lawyers and apologies and setting the record straight.
- Documents reveal that two years ago they commissioned scientists to look at potential military uses for a range of chemicals known as calmatives.
Definición de calmative en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan