Definición de calmative en inglés:
(Of a drug) having a sedative effect.
- It has developed a range of weapons capable of delivering calmative chemicals, including specialized bullets, landmines and a mortar round.
- During labor it is useful to overcome the great restlessness, fear and excitement experienced by nervous women, and by its calmative power rectifies jerky and ineffectual contractions.
- They commissioned a study of the possible military uses of calmative pharmaceuticals such as anesthetics and serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A calmative drug.
- This is just what is depicted in the various scenarios envisioned by military planners laying out appropriate uses for calmatives.
- For some reason - possibly because so many powerful calmatives are now available - the allegations of insanity do not seem to have prompted any talk of lawyers and apologies and setting the record straight.
- Documents reveal that two years ago they commissioned scientists to look at potential military uses for a range of chemicals known as calmatives.
Definición de calmative en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary