Definición de cambium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural cambia /-bēə/ or cambiums)Botany
A cellular plant tissue from which phloem, xylem, or cork grows by division, resulting (in woody plants) in secondary thickening.
- The outer ring of the stem contains all the functional tissue, including xylem, cambium, phloem, supporting tissues, and epidermis.
- Small blocks of tissue, including cambium and the adjacent phloem and xylem, were cut with a sharp knife and a chisel from the stem of a single specimen of K. pictus that was growing on the campus of Hokkaido University.
- The cambium produces phloem tissue to the outside and xylem tissue to the inside.
late 16th century (denoting one of the alimentary humors once supposed to nourish the body): from medieval Latin, 'change, exchange'.
- Example sentences
- The first pattern is related to the differentiation of the cambial derivatives to either xylem or phloem through periclinal segmentations.
- This layer is usually referred to as the ‘stripes of cell wall residues’ and originates from crushed cambial cells and cambial derivatives on both sides of the cambium.
- As revealed by light microscopy observations, the cambial region comprised the cambium, immature phloem, and immature xylem cells.
Definición de cambium en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan