1(Chiefly in names or geographical terms) Welsh: the Cambrian Railway
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Cambrian mountains, almost overwhelmed by conifer plantations, are growing a new kind of forest.
- The Cambrian Railways were absorbed by the Great Western Railway on 1 January 1922.
- In 1865 The Cambrian Railway company was formed through an amalgamation of smaller companies.
2 Geology Relating to or denoting the first period in the Paleozoic era, between the end of the Precambrian eon and the beginning of the Ordovician period.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Precambrian rocks are those formed before the beginning of the Cambrian period, about 590 million years ago.
- Others have suggested that there is nothing unusual about Cambrian faunas in terms of their flexibility or disparity.
- Sedgwick began fieldwork at Barmouth in north Wales in 1831 where he established the order of local rocks and gave the name Cambrian to the oldest fossiliferous strata.
2.1 (as noun the Cambrian) The Cambrian period or the system of rocks deposited during it.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: Cam·bri·an
Definición de Cambrian en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda