Definición de camera obscura en inglés:
1A darkened box with a convex lens or aperture for projecting the image of an external object onto a screen inside. It is important historically in the development of photography.
- He was the first to propose adding a convex lens to the camera obscura.
- My explanation for this very curious result is that Vermeer had a camera obscura with a lens at the painting's viewpoint.
- In the camera obscura the image is always upside-down.
1.1A small round building with a rotating angled mirror at the apex of the roof, projecting an image of the landscape onto a horizontal surface inside.
- But the glistening object on the town's market place on Saturday morning turned out to be a mirrored camera obscura.
- The party also had a camera obscura to produce topographic images, although they seem never to have used it.
- We are looking to put in a camera obscura or a viewing tower in the church steeple as a tourist attraction to complement the Botanic Gardens across the road.
early 18th century: from Latin, 'dark chamber'.
Definición de camera obscura en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan