- 1A darkened box with a convex lens or aperture for projecting the image of an external object onto a screen inside. It is important historically in the development of photography.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was the first to propose adding a convex lens to the camera obscura.
- My explanation for this very curious result is that Vermeer had a camera obscura with a lens at the painting's viewpoint.
- In the camera obscura the image is always upside-down.
- 1.1A small round building with a rotating angled mirror at the apex of the roof, projecting an image of the landscape onto a horizontal surface inside.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the glistening object on the town's market place on Saturday morning turned out to be a mirrored camera obscura.
- The party also had a camera obscura to produce topographic images, although they seem never to have used it.
- We are looking to put in a camera obscura or a viewing tower in the church steeple as a tourist attraction to complement the Botanic Gardens across the road.
early 18th century: from Latin, 'dark chamber'.
Más definiciones de camera obscuraDefinición de camera obscura en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional