1A civilian who works in or is attached to a military camp.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Each camp had chaplains, cooks, camp followers, singers, and verse writers.
- Since most armies lived off the land, and this often limited the size of the army, the force that hauled along the fewest camp followers had a substantial military advantage.
- As the theatre of war moved south, so did the smallpox, primarily affecting civilians, camp followers, and irregular troops in both armies.
1.1A person who is nominally attached to a group but is not fully committed or does not make a substantial contribution to its activities: cynical opportunists and camp followers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The mass goes well, and our camp followers inform us that we sounded well in the cathedral.
- One of the Scotland team's camp followers, in between filing reports on Scotland's opening match against Japan, managed to find time to enjoy the debilitating night life.
- The initial reaction from governing elites and their media camp followers was disbelief.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: camp fol·low·er
Definición de camp follower en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda