Definición de camp follower en inglés:
1A civilian who works in or is attached to a military camp.
- Each camp had chaplains, cooks, camp followers, singers, and verse writers.
- Since most armies lived off the land, and this often limited the size of the army, the force that hauled along the fewest camp followers had a substantial military advantage.
- As the theatre of war moved south, so did the smallpox, primarily affecting civilians, camp followers, and irregular troops in both armies.
1.1A person who is nominally attached to a group but is not fully committed or does not make a substantial contribution to its activities: cynical opportunists and camp followers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The mass goes well, and our camp followers inform us that we sounded well in the cathedral.
- One of the Scotland team's camp followers, in between filing reports on Scotland's opening match against Japan, managed to find time to enjoy the debilitating night life.
- The initial reaction from governing elites and their media camp followers was disbelief.
Definición de camp follower en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan