- Of or denoting bone tissue with a meshlike structure containing many pores, typical of the interior of mature bones.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The epiphyseal plate is joined to the diaphysis by columns of cancellous bone; this region is known as the metaphysis.
- Similarly, cortical bone is less prone to diagenetic contamination than porous, cancellous bone tissue.
- The bones are mildly crushed dorsoventrally, particularly the ends of the metacarpals, suggesting that they were originally hollow or composed of open cancellous bone tissue.
mid 19th century: from Latin cancelli 'crossbars' + -ous.
Más definiciones de cancellousDefinición de cancellous en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional