sustantivo (plural igual or candlefishes)
A small, edible marine fish with oily flesh, occurring on the west coast of North America. Also called eulachon.
- Thaleichthys pacificus, family Osmeridae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gulls wheeled and screamed over the first slug of spawning candlefish.
- Both herring and candlefish can be imitated with Marabous or weighted or unweighted Clouser Minnows.
- He'll then switch his lures to match the size of the candlefish, usually about 2 to 3 inches long.
so named because the Chinook Indians formerly burned the oily bodies of these fish as candles.
Definición de candlefish en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional