Definición de candlefish en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or candlefishes)
A small, edible marine fish with oily flesh, occurring on the west coast of North America. Also called eulachon.
- Thaleichthys pacificus, family Osmeridae
- Gulls wheeled and screamed over the first slug of spawning candlefish.
- Both herring and candlefish can be imitated with Marabous or weighted or unweighted Clouser Minnows.
- He'll then switch his lures to match the size of the candlefish, usually about 2 to 3 inches long.
so named because the Chinook Indians formerly burned the oily bodies of these fish as candles.
Definición de candlefish en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia