- An evergreen tree of the spurge family, with large seeds that yield an oil used for lighting and other purposes, native to Southeast Asia and the South Pacific islands. Also called candleberry.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Aleurites moluccana, family Euphorbiaceae
- In a food processor, purée the lemongrass, garlic, turmeric, galangal, ginger, candlenuts, onion, chilies, and blachan.
- The classic Peranakan dish of chicken cooked with tar-black stuffed candlenuts is unbelievably delicious.
- They are recommended as a substitute in Indonesian recipes for candlenuts, which are more difficult to obtain in the West.
Más definiciones de candlenutDefinición de candlenut en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional