Definición de cannonade en inglés:
A period of continuous, heavy gunfire.
- A desultory cannonade began at about 14.00, and as it seemed likely that there would be no battle that day Newcastle retired to his coach.
- Three times the German armor attempted to break through, but, as more battalions of American artillery joined the cannonade, the enemy at last gave way.
- All killings, all maimings, all arrogant demolishions of people's homes, all assassinations, all bombings, all suicide attacks, all aerial slaugherings, all tank cannonades, all invasions are inherently wrong.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
Discharge heavy guns continuously: (as noun cannonading) the daily cannonading continued
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The enormous guns are now cannonading & preparing the way for our infantry.
- Raucous, sometimes almost spiritual singing, pushes from cellars, echoing and cannonading off the narrow whitewashed alleys.
- Her fears for her husband, who left two weeks later, were intensified when she heard cannonading from her own home.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan