Definición de cannonade en inglés:
A period of continuous, heavy gunfire.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A desultory cannonade began at about 14.00, and as it seemed likely that there would be no battle that day Newcastle retired to his coach.
- Three times the German armor attempted to break through, but, as more battalions of American artillery joined the cannonade, the enemy at last gave way.
- All killings, all maimings, all arrogant demolishions of people's homes, all assassinations, all bombings, all suicide attacks, all aerial slaugherings, all tank cannonades, all invasions are inherently wrong.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
Discharge heavy guns continuously: (as noun cannonading) the daily cannonading continued
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The enormous guns are now cannonading & preparing the way for our infantry.
- Raucous, sometimes almost spiritual singing, pushes from cellars, echoing and cannonading off the narrow whitewashed alleys.
- Her fears for her husband, who left two weeks later, were intensified when she heard cannonading from her own home.
Mid 16th century: from French, from Italian cannonata, from cannone (see cannon).
Palabras que riman con cannonadeabrade, afraid, aid, aide, ambuscade, arcade, balustrade, barricade, Belgrade, blade, blockade, braid, brigade, brocade, carronade, cascade, cavalcade, cockade, colonnade, crusade, dissuade, downgrade, enfilade, esplanade, evade, fade, fusillade, glade, grade, grenade, grillade, handmade, harlequinade, homemade, invade, jade, lade, laid, lemonade, limeade, made, maid, man-made, marinade, masquerade, newlaid, orangeade, paid, palisade, parade, pasquinade, persuade, pervade, raid, serenade, shade, Sinéad, staid, stockade, stock-in-trade, suede, tailor-made, they'd, tirade, trade, Ubaid, underpaid, undismayed, unplayed, unsprayed, unswayed, upbraid, upgrade, wade
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda