- 1The times of daily Christian prayer appointed in the breviary.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- According to Isaac Walton, Herbert daily read the offices of morning and evening prayer ‘at the canonical hours of ten and four’ with his wife and three nieces.
- During the daily and nightly recitation of the canonical hours (which did not involve lay participation), screens protected the ecclesiastical communities from chill and drafts.
- Because they were not spaced equally apart, the canonical hours provided a concept of time that, in addition to changing throughout the year and from location to location, did not flow evenly as modern time does.
Más definiciones de canonical hoursDefinición de canonical hours en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional