- 1A restaurant provided by an organization such as a military camp, college, factory, or company for its soldiers, students, staff, etc..Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Anybody who has seen a fight sequence from a Hindi film which takes place in a college canteen or a restaurant will know the answer.
- It is also about the activities of college students in the canteen, sports fields and between classes.
- Scotland's school canteens must become bistro-style restaurants, complete with salad bars and a menu of baguettes and grilled fish, food experts are to tell ministers.
- 2A small water bottle, as used by soldiers or campers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You don't just tell your soldiers to fill their canteens with water; you check them before a patrol to make sure they did.
- I also threw in two canteens of water and a flashlight (even though we weren't staying out after dark), the map from my office as well as my lensatic compass.
- The utility belt attached below the vest includes two canteens of water and a nine-millimeter pistol.
mid 18th century (originally denoting a type of shop in a barracks or garrison town): from French cantine, from Italian cantina 'cellar'.